2020 China 1-oz Silver Moon Festival Panda 5-pc Legacy Proof Set NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue
Five Years of Moon Panda Proofs
Introduced in 2015, Moon Festival Pandas are releases from the China Mint that celebrate the Moon Festival. The series celebrates a tradition that dates back 3,500 years when families and friends across China gather to give thanks for the harvest bounty and pray for future blessings of longevity, family and prosperity. These one-year-only Silver Pandas are crafted with unique flare and include something in their design that sets each one apart from other Panda releases — features like space-flown gold, holographic designs and more!
In 2020, to pay tribute to the fifth anniversary of series, the China Mint assembled a spectacular Moon Festival Panda Five-Piece Legacy Set that features the design used from 2015 to 2019. Each piece has been struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and comes in gorgeous proof condition. What’s more, each piece has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded proofs have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that these proofs are First Day of Issue (FDI) releases, meaning that they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
The designs on these proofs capture different visions of the moon that are simply stunning. For example, the 2017 Moon Silver Panda had a holographic pool of water, reminiscent of the reflection of a full moon on a lake. The 2018 Moon Festival Silver Panda utilized a piece of white jade as an immaculate, reflective moon, and in 2019, the series evoked the Blood Moon by embedding a piece of red jade onto the face of the proof. The designs featured in the 2020-dated proof set include:
- 2015 – A Panda hanging from a tree staring at a Gold “Harvest” Moon
- 2016 – A playful Panda seated beneath a Full Moon
- 2017 – A mature Panda talking a drink out of a “hologram pond” beneath a Full Moon.
- 2018 – A young Panda gazing up a White Moon.
- 2019 – A juvenile Panda climbing a tree beneath a Blood Moon.
Each set will come beautifully displayed in a custom presentation case and will be accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, a colorful booklet on China’s Moon Festival, and a story card on the Moon Festival Panda series. Just 3,000 of these special 2020 China One-Ounce Silver Moon Festival Panda Five-Piece Legacy Sets will ever be issued.
Moon Festival Panda series offers a unique, elegant twist on the standard Panda design, and has been well-received by collectors. Don’t miss out; secure your set today!
- ENGAGING PANDA DESIGNS – The designs on these proofs show various images of China’s iconic panda! The common obverse design depicts the Great Wall of China with an insert representing the Chinese map of the Heavens.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These Moon Festival Panda Proofs have been struck in an ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measure 40 mm in diameter.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each piece in your 2020 China One-Ounce Silver Moon Festival Panda Five-Piece Legacy Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that these proofs are First Day of Issue (FDI) releases, independent authentication that they were released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The China Mint has set the worldwide edition limit for the 2020 China One-Ounce Silver Moon Festival Panda Five-Piece Legacy Sets at just 3,000.
5 in stock